Instructions for using products by Bounceboard®
Safety gear is always recommended and will reduce potential injuries but it cannot prevent all accidental injuries. The Bounceboard trampoline-boards unique design allows an individual to simulate a variety of extreme board tricks while preventing damage to the trampoline bed.
When you jump on a trampoline a mouthguard is recommended to protect your lips if your knees or other hard object accidentally hits your mouth. A strong blow to your mouth may cause a concussion and a mouthgaurd will protect you against getting a severe concussion. See safety page for more on mouthguards.
You have purchased a product that has been professionally tested.
We are constantly updating our safety information as we learn more about this new sport of cushioned trampoline-boarding with Bounceboards.
The main thing you want to remember is that when you are jumping on a trampoline, you should begin and end your trick as close to the center of the mat as possible. Try the trick first without a trampoline board and then if you can land in the center, try it with a trampoline board. Always use a spotter and jump one at a time!
Tests conducted by an independent mechanical engineering company support our safety claims. “The Bounceboard Trampoline-board properties fall below the critical pressure value required to puncture human skin.” Testing of the board also proved that under high impact (humanly possible) the Bounceboard trampoline-board fell below levels which would tear or rip standard trampoline mats or the resilient surfaces.
Please be aware that this is an extreme sport. Users of the Bounceboard Trampoline-boards use at their own risk.
- First remove shoes. A mouth guard, helmet, wrist guards, kneepads, and elbow pads are recommended. Have a capable spotter near you.
- Climb on the trampoline to attach the Bounceboard Trampoline-Board.
- While keeping head erect, focus eyes on the perimeter of the trampoline and begin bouncing. It is recommended that only ONE person jump on the trampoline at a time!
- Practice a Stop-Bounce by flexing your knees as you come in contact with the jumping surface.
- Do not put your hands completely through the hand holes as these holes are for hand grabs only.
- Never jump off a trampoline to dismount.
- Ensure that spotters are always stationed around the trampoline. Do not use a floatable trampoline without a spotter on land or in a boat nearby.
- To avoid damage to you and the board use only on trampolines with padded springs and safety nets.
- Trampoline nets and spring pads and divider pads may provide additional safety but you should not ever rebound off of them! The trampoline boards are for trampolines only.
Please do not use the Bounceboard® footboards on wooden surfaces. They are intended for resilient, (elastic) trampolines only. Using your cushioned bounceboard on wood gymnastic
boards like the jumpboard as seen in this video, may cause your footboard to break.
Thanks for taking good care of your trampoline training boards by Bounceboard! With proper use they will lasts for years to come. Used incorrectly, they will break.